I feel it's only fair to warn you that bleach is NOT
a safe chemical. You're probably aware of that already anyway, but just how unsafe is it?
Well first things first... Here's how we at York House Cleaning Service recommend you use bleach in your W.C.
- Flush the loo, then plunge your brush into the water a few times to get the water level to drop,
- Add bleach, making sure to get under the rim,
- Scrub round with the brush. Because you plunged the water lower, neat bleach can now work on any water line marks,
- Leave it 10-15 mins while you clean the rest of the bathroom
- And finally - FLUSH THE LOO before you leave the bathroom.
Most people leave bleach in the bowl and it doesn't get flushed until the next person flushes after they've used the toilet. The problem here is if the next person happens to have a 'splashy' visit, they could end up splashing bleach onto their sensitive regions... and let's face it, we wouldn't wish that on anyone!
Along with splash risks, there are also gas risks. Bleach should never be mixed with any other household cleaners and to prove the point here's an article from the Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/17/mixing-bleach-cleaning-mistake_n_6887638.html